What’s Involved in A Contact Lens Exam?
When you come into Central Ohio Vision and Eyecare for a contact lens exam, we start with a comprehensive eye examination first. Then we proceed through the following steps:
- First, we check your glasses Rx and the health of your eyes to make sure that contacts are a good option before starting a contact fitting
- Depending on the exam findings we will recommend a type of contact lens that will meet the visual needs of the patient
- For some people contact lenses may need to correct for astigmatism, presbyopia which can add complexity to the fitting process
- The doctors will go over the different types of lenses that are available to get you the best and most comfortable vision
- We offer soft daily, biweekly, and monthly lenses as well as custom GP, scleral and hybrid lenses for those who need additional options
- We have the patient put the lenses on and evaluate the fit, vision, and comfort of the lenses
- If new to contacts we’re more than happy to teach our patients how to insert and remove contacts.
- Occasionally trials need to be ordered specially for a patient but there is no cost for this.
- Then the patient will be sent home with a trial of lenses to try them out for a few days in the real world
- We like to have all our patients back after a week. This is to ensure that the lenses are comfortable, easy to handle, provide good vision in the real world
- Finally, only after the patient says that they are happy with the lenses is the process finished
- We don’t charge for follow ups. You can rest assured that you will find the right contact lenses for your eyes at COVE.
New To Contact Lenses?
For new wearers, we will set aside special time for one-on-one insertion and removal training. There is no charge for this service either, as it’s considered part of our normal services. We show patients how to put the lenses on and remove them. We also go into detail on how to care for lenses, in order to help our patients keep their eye healthy.
Medically Necessary Contacts Lenses
Some patients who have certain eye conditions may require medically necessary contacts. We also offer these types of exams and contact lenses in our office. These are specialty lenses that may require a standalone visit to properly go over all contact lens options. In these situations, we offer scleral lenses, gas permeable, and hybrid lenses, and we work with vision insurances to get these lenses to our patients at a very reduced cost.
Make A Contact Lens Exam Appointment Today!
No matter what you’re looking for in contact lenses, our doctors and eye care specialists at Central Ohio Vision and Eyecare can help you find the perfect contact lenses for your eyes! Contact us today to make an appointment for a contact lens exam.