What’s involved in a contact lens exam?
When you come into Central Ohio Vision and Eyecare for a contact lens exam, we start our contact lens exams with a comprehensive examination first, and then we proceed through the following steps:
- We check the glasses Rx and eye health to make sure that contacts are a good option before starting the contact fitting process
- Depending on the findings we will recommend a type of contact lens that will meet the visual needs of the patient
- When possible we will send a patient home with a trial pair of lenses to evaluate the lenses before a supply is purchased
- Occasionally trials need to be ordered specially for a patient but there is no cost for this.
- We like to have all of our patients back after a week or so to ensure that the lenses are comfortable, easy to handle, provide good vision (at work, driving, watching TV, ect.)
- Only after the patient says that they are happy with the lenses is the process finished
- We don’t charge for follow ups, so you can rest assured that you will find the right contact lenses for your eyes at Central Ohio Vision and Eyecare.
For new wearers, we will set aside special time for one on one insertion and removal training. There is no charge for this service either, as it’s considered part of our normal services. We show patients how to put the lenses on, remove them and care for them, in order to help our patients keep their eye health a priority.
Make a Contact Lens Exam Appointment Today!
Some patients who have certain ocular disease require medically necessary contacts, and we also offer these types of exams and contact lenses in our office. These are specialty lenses that may require a stand alone visit to properly go over all contact lens options. In these situations, we offer scleral lenses, gas permeable, and hybrid lenses, and we work with vision insurances to get these lenses to our patients at a very reduced cost.
No matter what you’re looking for in contact lenses, our doctors and eye care specialists at Central Ohio Vision and Eyecare can help you find the perfect contact lenses for your eyes! Contact us today to make an appointment for a contact lens exam.